And all the pipe cleaner animals stood erect-- a fierce wall of nylon and wire defiance--
with one voice they exclaimed, "We shall not be silenced!"

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Uncle Fuzzy

On New Year's Eve, I was sitting at the coffee table in my parents' living room working on my Fuzzies in an effort to pass time until the countdown at midnight. My uncle, with whom I enjoy frequent witty exchanges, came by and began to tease me about my craft. He made some smart-alec remark about how I only new how to make cute little animals and asked me if I could do anything else. I told him, "Don't you worry, I'll make you something you'll LOVE."

So I went into my old bedroom and closed the door with a bag of pipe cleaners in my hand. Ten minutes and six pipe cleaners later, I emerged with my creation just for him, Uncle Fuzzy! My uncle loves gags, and as you can see, he got a real kick out of it!



I especially love how I captured the balding aspect of his likeness. This was certainly a conversational piece for the rest of the evening!

1 comments:

Jeanne said...

That's adorable! You're very talented!