And all the pipe cleaner animals stood erect-- a fierce wall of nylon and wire defiance--
with one voice they exclaimed, "We shall not be silenced!"

Monday, August 30, 2010

Squidoo Lens

So I was looking around in the Etsy Forums this morning, I and I stumbled across a post that talked about "Squidoo Lens." I had never heard of this before, so I clicked on the link and found a new promotion tool before that I am just DYING to try!! Here is the link to the tutorial http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-use-the-etsy-module#module106749681

The intro of the tutorial says this:
A lot of people with shops on Etsy complain about lack of traffic to their stores. There is the mis-conception that by opening a store one is guaranteed sales. That is not how things happen. Most of the people with an Etsy shop are looking for quick, easy, and cheap answers to this problem.

While many people know about Face Book and Twitter and how they work, few on Etsy seemed to have heard about Squidoo. And Squidoo is the perfect answer. On Squidoo one can make a web page that can be as simple or complex as one wishes. And it is free.

Squidoo itself is a complex entity with many different parts to explore. But, starting at the beginning...

What is Squidoo? Squidoo is a web site, set up for sharing information. On it one can build a web page, called a lens, using a variety of different modules. And with these web pages one can gather views and direct traffic.
Has anyone tried this? I'll be putting mine together today. Anyone with some tips on this, please let me know!!!

0 comments: