And all the pipe cleaner animals stood erect-- a fierce wall of nylon and wire defiance--
with one voice they exclaimed, "We shall not be silenced!"

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Matchbox - Good Luck Charm for the Hubby!!

My poor hubby has been studying his butt off for the last 6 weeks, holed up in his home-office, for the California BAR exam. For those of you who aren't aware of this, the California State BAR is notorious for being among the hardest BAR exams in the country. I guess a lot of people want to be lawyers in California, though I'm not exactly sure why.

At any rate, with all the studying, the hubby was getting stir-crazy and was looking forward to getting the exam over-with, but also dreaded it at the same time. As a pick-me-up gesture, I made him a little good luck gift and gave it to him the weekend before the test (he took the test last week, and is now a much happier camper!) :)

I made a little green matchbox and affixed stickers with some words of encouragement.



Inside I put a little Fuzzy 4-leaf clover to bring him a little luck. How could you not smile with this little guy around?



The hubby brought it with him and while he claims that the exam was as tough as he had anticipated, he hopes this little guy brought him a little luck during the three-day test. Coincidentally, the results will be available on my birthday, so I'm hoping for a good present from the BAR Association for the both of us!! Keep your fingers crossed!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Elizabeth Gwen Originals said...

I have my fingers crossed!!! My hubby will be taking the bar for either Maryland or Illinois in the next few months :)
I should make him a lucky clover, that little guy is so cute!
Let us know how it went!
Liz

debi said...

Another cute creation! Wishing him luck on the bar exam!!! Bet you'll both be glad when its over!

Babamoon said...

that is so sweet of you to give him a luck charm whilst he does his exam! so cute too awwww!

summerday said...

thank you for the follow! i'm glad you left a message cause now i discovered your blog too! -) love the matchboxes. following!