And all the pipe cleaner animals stood erect-- a fierce wall of nylon and wire defiance--
with one voice they exclaimed, "We shall not be silenced!"

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July and The Wonderful World of Project Wonderful

Happy 4th of July everyone! I'm going to the San Diego County Fair today to watch fireworks and then watch Smokey Robinson in his post-fireworks show! I love Smokey's songs, but I hope he'll be able to move his mouth to sing, given all the plastic surgery/botox he's had in the past years!

I'll also be checking up on my Fuzzies that are on exhibit at the Home and Hobby competition! Hope they're all still there, and that nobody took any of them. It turned out that they didn't win anything. I guess this year there just weren't any judges with a penchant for pipe cleaner arts. Maybe I should submit them to the miniatures competition next year. Either way, the submissions cost $6 each and you get a free fair ticket for participating! Tickets are normally $14, so it's a nice discount and totally worth it!

Also, a quick note, yesterday was a record day for new Fuzzington followers! I received 50 visitors to this blog, 6 new blog readers, 20 new twitterers, and 8 hearts to my shop! Now I just need to work on getting traffic to my facebook fan page. Thanks so much everyone for all of your support!!

Now on to project wonderful. My latest obsession are free ads on Project Wonderful! In the past, I had heard about it, but I figured you had to pay for ads. But then one day I saw a listing in the Etsy forums for a free project wonderful ad! So I signed up for a PW account, and set up an ad square. By the way, the ad square that I set up looked so simple and cute (see below). I'm thinking of switching my banner to something that looks like that.



Anyhow, I have since been keeping an eye out for those "Your Ad Here $0" messages on PW. I think it's a great way to attract people to your blog. I've found a few blogs that I really like through these searches. My only question is, how effective are these PW ads, and why do people offer free ads? Is it to bring traffic to your site even if you don't make any money on them? Can you make money with free ads? Also, does anyone get a lot of traffic from their paid/free PW ads?

I don't think I really understand this whole PW thing yet, or how it works. All I know is I get lots of emails from them about how I am the highest bidder, and then I've been outbid, and then I'm the highest bidder again. I get these like 4 times a day, and I'm not sure how I even become a high bidder again with $0. There seems to be something almost philosophical about that: How do you become the highest bidder with nothing? What is zero dollars higher than? A negative bid? Or for you math geeks, an imaginary bid, as in $4i?

I've also signed up to be a publisher, but haven't heard back from PW yet. Perhaps if and when I start publishing my own ad spaces, I'll understand why I want to put $0 ads on my site.

Any tips or advice from you wonderful PW users out there?

I'll look forward to your responses. In the meantime, heave fun porking out today! I know I will on funnelcake, hotdogs, and lemonade!

1 comments:

Julia said...

Happy 4th Darlin :)
I dont undertsnad all this ad space bit yet either but i will! this ole gal is determend.

My Blogs
Jewelles
http://dearmissjulia.blogspot.com/
Break time with Julia
http://allrecipes.com/Cook/JuliaFerry/Blog.aspx

Have the best Day ever and make some happy memories!
Jewelles

One of a kind Jewelry.
Created to be touched and talked about.
Jewelry to be passed down from daughter to daughter.
http://jewelles.etsy.com/