And all the pipe cleaner animals stood erect-- a fierce wall of nylon and wire defiance--
with one voice they exclaimed, "We shall not be silenced!"

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Fuzzington at the San Diego County Fair (Part 2)

My second entry to the San Diego County Fair was in the spirit of their theme this year: Music Mania. I decided to make a little marching band of instruments. This was the first time I worked with metallic pipe cleaners, and I'd have to say, they were a bit messy to work with! They're essentially made of tiny bits of tinsel and they are very rough. Certainly not soft enough for my usual fuzzies!

I made a tuba, a drum, and a flute. They're all walking in time to the conductor. The sheet music that they are marching on is for "America, the Beautiful." I thought this was a rather patriotic piece, and kind of funny. I'd never made instruments before, but I thought these were cool for the first try! =)



Hope the judges like them!

0 comments: